Maintaining your washing machine regularly ensures it lasts longer and operates efficiently. Here’s a checklist of tasks you can perform to keep your washing machine in good working condition:
- Clean the lint filter: Make sure to clean the lint filter before or after every wash cycle to prevent lint buildup, which can cause the washing machine to work less efficiently and even cause damage over time.
- Check for leaks: Inspect the hoses, connections, and the machine itself for any signs of leaks. If you notice any leaks, address them immediately to prevent water damage to your home.
- Clean the drum: To keep your washing machine smelling fresh and prevent mildew and mould growth, clean the drum periodically with vinegar and baking soda.
- Inspect the hoses: Check the hoses for any signs of wear and tear, including cracks or bulges. Replace them if necessary.
- Balance the machine: If your washing machine is shaking or vibrating excessively during use, it may be unbalanced. Adjust the levelling feet or use a tool to balance the device.
- Clean the exterior: Wipe down the machine’s surface with a damp cloth to remove any dust or dirt that may have accumulated.
- Run a maintenance cycle: Some washing machines have a maintenance cycle that can help remove any buildup or debris inside the machine. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to run this cycle.
By performing these tasks regularly, you can extend the life of your washing machine and ensure it operates efficiently.